Preschool Sunday School Teacher
Preschool Sunday School Teachers disciple children to a deeper understanding of God and His Word through the Sunday School program for one of the Sunday School hours on Sunday mornings.
- Teachers should remain spiritually healthy and vibrant. Personal study and devotion to God’s Word is expected of all children’s ministry volunteers.
- Teachers should strive to participate in the 4 E’s of the church, encountering God in worship, encouraging one another in Life Groups, equipping themselves for ministry through discipleship, and engaging in ministry and evangelism inside and outside of the church.
- Complete any required training courses (Safe Kids).
- Plan to attend teacher training seminars and workshops (whenever possible).
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the Sunday School hour (9:15 for the 9:30 Sunday School, and 10:45 for the 11:00 Sunday School).
- Greet parents and students upon arrival to classroom.
- Lead age-appropriate Bible lesson to meet the needs and understanding of age group.
- Use curriculum provided by the church as a guide for Bible lesson and activities.
- Involve students in the Bible truths to be learned with engaging activities.
- Regularly share the Gospel with children.
- Serve snack and facilitate free play using centers or outside playground.
- Commit to being regular in attendance.
Outside of Sunday Morning
- Plan and be prepared to teach the lesson in a thorough manner.
- Gather supplies and other resources needed for lesson and suggested learning activities.
- Craft closet located on the preschool hall will contain most craft supplies.
- Contact Pastor Dustin with needs prior to Sunday morning.
- Pray earnestly for your students and parents.
- Connect with students and families outside of Sunday morning. Send cards to visitors, emails, birthday cards, notes of encouragement, etc.
- Provide sufficient notice to Pastor Dustin of any planned absences.
Ready to learn more or begin getting equipped to serve? Contact Pastor Dustin by email @ email@example.com, phone @ 804-672-6811, or by using the contact form below.