Staples Mill Road Baptist Church is seeking an associate pastor to lead our ministries to middle school, high school, and college age students. We are passionate to see the next generation embrace Jesus as their Savior and to follow Him as world-changing disciples.
The man we are seeking will be motivated by a deep and evident love for Jesus. From this heart of devotion to Christ, he will embrace a missionary approach to reach and disciple students in what we recognize is a unique subculture. While his goal will be life transformation of students, he will recognize the need to meet students where they are intellectually, spiritually, and at their particular maturity levels.
He will study and engage students in a way that they more readily enjoy and understand. We do not feel that excitement and enjoyment are at odds with the quest for spiritual depth and a life aimed at missions.
The student ministry to which we aspire will be marked by the following:
- Passion for Jesus
- Purposeful – evangelistic and missional
- Powerful – empowered by the Holy Spirit
- Attractional – with the purpose of drawing in students and helping them bond with each other as they come to know Christ
- Programmed with excellence (so that fewer will fall through the cracks)
- Quality preparation and programing for both girls and guys, middle, high school, and college age
- Continually planning for how to draw students from the fringes into the core
- Clear communication with students and parents about programs and events, discipleship process, and next steps for the student and family
- Partnering and equipping parents for their role as the primary disciple-makers, including providing resources and equipping through SMRBC’s Building Blocks family discipleship framework
- Partnering and equipping adult volunteers for effective small group discipleship and supportive community
- Comprehensive – A student ministry that draws students into the Four E’s: leading students into life changing worship experiences [Encounter], genuine love and fellowship with each other [Encourage], equipping in the critical areas of their walk with Christ [Equip], and launching them into the neighborhood and nations with the gospel [Engage]
A full job description can be downloaded here:
AP Students Job Description.pdf
Interested in applying?
Interested applicants are invited to send a cover email and resume to email@example.com. Questions can be directed to the same email address. Thank you for your interest!